EC49024 is designed to support Quick Charge QC 2.0 (QC2.0) specifications. It is a low-cost solution to support QC2.0 functions. EC49024 incorporates all necessary functions to add QC 2.0 capability to standard Adaptor designs, Portable Battery designs, and Car-charger designs.
EC49024 supports the full output voltage range of either Class A or Class B. Optionally Class B can be inhibited for protecting the battery charger from accidental damage.
EC49024 automatically detects whether a connected Powered Device (PD) is QC2.0 capable before enabling output voltage adjustment. If a PD that is not compliant to QC2.0 is detected the EC49024 disables output voltage adjustment to ensure safe operation with legacy 5 V only USB PDs.
- Fully supports Quick Charge 2.0 specification
- Class A: 5 V, 9 V, and 12 V output voltage
- Class B: 5 V, 9 V, 12 V, and 20 V output voltage
- USB battery charging specification revision 1.2 compatible
- Automatic USB DCP shorting D+ to D- line
- Default 5 V mode operation
- Very low power consumption
- Less than 1 mW at 5 V output
- Fail safe operation
- Adjacent pin-to-pin short-circuit fault
- Open circuit pin fault
- Adaptors for smart phones, tablets, netbooks, digital cameras, and blue-tooth accessories
- Portable Battery Packs supporting QC 2.0 functions
- Car Chargers supporting QC2.0 functions
- Other USB power output ports supporting QC2.0 functions