The EC49018 is designed to work with Solar panel, wall adaptor and other types of USB chargers to charge a single Lithium Battery.
It has Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) function built-in to charge a given battery with the maximum available power from the power source.
EC49018can automatically switch among three different charging modes, trickle charge, constant-current charge, and constant-voltage charge. Its PSOP8 and SOT23-6 packages and low external component count make the EC49018ideally suited for portable applications.
No blocking diode is required due to the internal anti-reverse-current architecture that will stop the IC and other components to consume the battery power when the charger is removed.
Thermal feedback regulates the charge current to limit the die temperature during high power operation or high ambient temperature.
The charge voltage is fixed at 4.2V, and the charge current can be programmed externally with a single resistor.
The EC49018 automatically terminates the charge cycle when the charge current drops to 1/10th the programmed value after the final float voltage is reached.
EC49018 also features current monitor, under voltage lockout, automatic recharge and two status pins to indicate charge termination and the presence of an input voltage.
- Programmable Charge Current Up to 1000mA
- Maximum power point tracking（ MPPT）
- No MOSFET, Sense Resistor or Blocking Diode Required
- Complete Linear Charger in SOP-8, SOT23-6 Package for Single Cell Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Charges Single Cell Li-Ion Batteries Directly from USB Port
- Preset 4.2V Charge Voltage with ±1% Accuracy
- Automatic Recharge
- Two Charge Status Output Pins
- C/10 Charge Termination
- 2.9V Trickle Charge Threshold
- Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
- Available Radiator in PSOP8, SOT23-6 ，DFN2*2-6 Package, the Radiator need connect GND or impending
- Charging Docks and Cradles
- Cellular Telephones, PDAs, GPS
- MP3、MP4 Player
- Digital Still Cameras, Portable Devices
- USB Bus-Powered Chargers, Chargers