The EC49018 is a complete constant – current & constant-voltage linear charger for single cell lithium-ion batteries.
Its SOP-8(Exposed PAD) package and low external component count make the EC49018 ideally suited for portable applications. In addition, the EC49018 can work within USB and wall adapter.
No blocking diode is required because of its internal PMOSFET architecture which is able to prevent the negative Charge Current.
Thermal feedback regulates the charge current to limit the die temperature during high power operation or high ambient temperature.
The charge voltage is fixed at 4.2V, and the charge current can be programmed externally with a single resistor.
The EC49018 automatically terminates the charge cycle when the charge current drops to 1/10th the programmed value after the final float voltage is reached.
EC49018 Other features include current monitor, under voltage lockout, automatic recharge and two status pin to indicate charge termination and the presence of an input voltage.
- Programmable Charge Current Up to 1000mA
- No MOSFET, Sense Resistor or Blocking Diode Required
- Complete Linear Charger in ESOP-8 Package for Single Cell Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Charges Single Cell Li-Ion Batteries Directly from USB Port
- Preset 4.2V Charge Voltage with ±1.5% Accuracy
- Automatic Recharge
- Two Charge Status Output Pins
- C/10 Charge Termination
- 2.9V Trickle Charge Threshold
- Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
- Available Radiator in ESOP-8、SOT23-5、SOT23-6、DFN-6(2×2) Package, the Radiator need connect GND or impending
- Cellular Telephones, PDA, MP3 Players
- Charging Docks and Cradles
- MP3、MP4 Player
- Digital Still Cameras, Portable Devices
- USB Bus-Powered Chargers, Chargers