EC49016 is a complete constant-current & constant voltage linear charger for single cell lithium-ion and Lithium-polymer batteries.
Its SOT-23 package and low external component count make EC49016 ideally suited for portable applications.
Furthermore, the EC49016 is specifically designed to work within USB power specification.
At the same time, EC49016 can also be used in the standalone lithium-ion and Lithium-polymer battery chargers.
No external sense resistor is needed, and no blocking diode is required due to the internal MOSFET architecture.
Thermal feedback regulates the charger current to limit the die temperature during high power operation or high ambient temperature.
The charge voltage is fixed at 4.22V, and the charge current can be programmed externally with a single resistor.
The EC49016 automatically terminates the charge cycle when the charge current drops to 1/10th the programmed value after the final float voltage is reached.
When the input supply (wall adapter or USB supply)
is removed, the EC49016 automatically enters a low current stage, dropping the battery drain current to less than 2μA.
The EC49016 can be put into shutdown mode, reducing the supply current to 20μA.
Other features include charge current monitor,under-voltage lockout, automatic recharge and a status pin to indicate charge termination and the presence of an input voltage.
EC49016 is interntionally designed to have slightly negative Tempco. This provides extra protection to Lithium battery during charging
- Programmable Charge Current Up to 800mA
- No MOSFET, Sense Resistor or Blocking Diode Required
- Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Operation with Thermal Protection to Maximize Charge Rate without Risk of Overheating
- Charges Single Cell Li-ion Batteries Directly from USB Port
- Preset 4.22V Charge Voltage with +-1% Accuracy
- 20μA Supply Current in Shutdown
- 2.9V Trickle Charge Threshold
- Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
- Available in 5-Lead SOT-23 Package
- Cellular Telephones, PDA, MP3 Players
- Charging Docks and Cradles
- Bluetooth Applications