The EM79L series of fixed-voltage monolithic integrated circuit voltage regulators is designed for a wide range
These applications include on-card regulation for elimination of noise and distribution problems associated with single-point regulation. In addition, they can be used with power-pass elements to make high-current voltage regulators.
Each of these regulators can deliver up to 100mA of output current.
The internal limiting and thermal shutdown features of these regulators make them essentially immune to overload.
When used a s a replacement for a Zener diodes-resistor combination, an effective improvement in output impedance can be obtained together with lower-bias current.
● Maximum output current up 100mA
● Fixed output voltage options: -5V, -6V, -8V, -9V, -12V, -15V, -18V and -24V
● No external components required
● Internal thermal overload protection
● Internal short circuit current limiting
● Available in TO-92, SOT-89 and SOP-8 packages