The EMP2602 is a charger front-end integrated circuit designed to provide protection to Li-ion batteries from abnormal conditions.
The device monitors the input voltage and the charging current to make sure both parameters are in normal range.
The device will switch off internal MOSFET to disconnect IN from OUT to protect load when any of input voltage or output current exceeds the threshold.
The Over Temperature Protection (OTP) function monitors chip temperature to protect the device.
The device operates like a linear regulator, maintaining a 5.45V output with wide input voltage range.
The EMP2602 is available in DFN-2×2-8L, DFN-2×2-6L and SOT23-5L package. Standard products are Pb-free and Halogen-free.
- Car DVR
- Digital Video
- Maximum Input Voltage: 32V
- Programmable OCP: 0.2A to 3A
- 3 OCP Behaviors: hiccup always, hiccup 16 times and then latch, Constant Current Operation
- Input OVP: 6.8V
- LDO Mode Output: 5.45V
- Ultra-Low Power Path Resistor: 0.12Ω-Typical
- OVP Response Time: Less Than 1us
- Over Temperature Protection
- Soft-Start to Prevent Inrush Current
- Fault Indication Output
- Enable Input to Control Output
- High Immunity of False Triggering Under Transient
- Three Selectable Packages
- RoHS Compliant and Halogen Free